Monday, May 3, 2010

And the Winner is...

A big virtual HUG and THANK YOU goes out to everyone that participated in our Aspiring Challenge last week!!  It was fun reading all of your answers and your ideas about the lessons learned.

The reader that came the closest and the winner of our Aspiring Challenge is...


We PAID the valet staff to move the chairs to the backyard.  I thought about just asking them to do it but I didn't want to haggle so I pulled out the cash and got it done!

Coco - Please contact me via email me with your shipping address and I'll send your book out to you pronto.  Congratulations! 

I've learned so much over the years...and this wedding was a BIG learning experience for me and my assistants. We were so new to the game!

Some of the other things that went wrong that day...

1. The electricity outlets that were setup in the tent in the area for the DJ were not working.  We gathered up all the industrial sized extension cords and tapped into a few neighbors for electricity.  The grand entrance was delayed a bit but we danced until the wee hours of the morning. - Lesson learned?  Check the outlets BEFORE the install is deemed complete.

2. Two of the five servers that were hired to clear plates and serve champagne and cake did not show.  So my assistant and I pitched in.  Here's the pile of champagne bottles...we poured as fast as we could so the bottles ended up under the table! - Lesson learned?  Make sure the company you're using has a backup plan for when their workers don't show.  Also, be ready to serve in ANY capacity in order to make your clients wedding day wonderful.


All in all the day was a success.  I even enjoyed a piece of wedding cake toward the end of the evening.  I ended up leaving before the party was over while my assistants finished out the evening...but I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from the groom right after I left urging me to return and dance the night away with them!  I declined but I felt very blessed to have helped him and his beautiful bride celebrate one of life's most sacred moments!

Thanks again to all who commented and stay tuned for another Aspiring Challenge later this month.


Until next time...

Aspire to Plan!

2 comments:

Erica Espana said...

Love these scenarios! Do some more pretty please :)

Courtney - Alpha Prosperity Events said...

Wendy, I am so excited about winning. Thanks for sharing this scenario because it really made me think about back up plans and as a wedding coordinator, we are expected to have a back up plan that works.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Please help us provide you with the best content possible by leaving us some awesome comments!!